Sunday, February 12, 2012

I think I'm starting to figure this out...

This is the picture I wanted at the front of the "house tour"--You have seen these pictures in an email--but I needed to get them all together! This is our front door. People in Nauvoo seldom lock their doors. If you do, you make it impossible for people to bring you goodies and leave them on your kitchen counter!!!

You will notice that we are still celebrating Christmas at the mission home. That is because the Facilities Maintenance group takes care of everything outside the house. Some day they will come and get the wreath and put it away until next year. In about March they will replace the pine trees and bushes with spring ones. Sister Ludwig told me that she just leaves the lights on the trees and plugged in until they burn out! So, who am I to mess with a system already in place!
This cabinet is the first thing you see as you enter. They have a timer on the light so that it lights itself at about 6pm and turns off at 10pm. These statues were not in the case when we got here, but I decided they need to be kept in a safer place so I don't have to worry when the grandchildren are here. The little bowel 4 shelves down was found in the well on Brigham Young's Property--yet another reason to have it in an inclosed area!!! I may move it up a few shelves when they come, just in case! You can see the entrance to the kitchen on the right and the entrance to the living room on the left.
As you turn to your left at the front door, you see a built in book shelf on the right and a grand piano on the left. Further in is the living room and the magnificent window that makes the whole room feel like I'm outside. I love this room.


(Don't know why I'm suddenly underlining--but just LIVE WITH IT, OK?
This is the view from the couch in front of the window. You can see the corner of the piano just above that chair, the stairs leading down to the GA apartment and then the front door. On the left is the door leading to the kitchen and the dining area. That table pulls out easily (I can do it all by myself) and will seat 12 at its fullest. The table and chair set are Aumish--so they are made of very heavy wood--which makes it hard to move the chairs--especially if your are sitting in them!

















From the window couch there is a couch on the left .....
















And two chairs on the right--with a set of chairs behind those, next to the piano. There used to be much more furniture in this room, but it made me crazy so I got rid of it!

















This is the kitchen--the doorway to the dining area is on your far right. The door to the entry is on the far left. There is a nice little nook right between the doors that I have taken over for my "study". I can look out the front room window from my desk area--and almost see the front door at the same time! (NOW it's BLUE and underlined! This blog certainly has a mind of it's own!)
Looking from my desk area toward the back wall. The sink is on the left and the fridge on the right. That picture of the Nauvoo temple was already right there on the wall. Fitting the pictures of all our children and their families on either side of it was so easy and appropriate!
Just to the left of the table is a sliding glass door. This is the view out it. Rus puts bird feed in that bird feeder every morning--we have lots of different kinds of birds visit us daily. We also have racoons visit us at night and deer at about dusk, sometimes come to finish up what the birds have left!
Our guest bathroom is across the hall from the two extra bedrooms (which I already posted) and at the back of the house. It's not very convenient for guests--but nice for the bedrooms.

This is the "General Authority Suite". At our front door, the stairs go down on the left into this apartment. At the bottom of the stairs the room opens up into this living area. (The part you don't see--the left wall--has a treadmill, then a door to the outside, with steps leading up to ground level. There is a fold down table on the other side of the door).

You'll notice there is a pretty nice TV down here--we haven't hooked it up, so don't know how good it is--I imagine one of our sons or son in laws will figure it out when they come!



The kitchen is directly on the right. That back door leads into a large bathroom with laundry facilities--all very nice. The bathroom is so big it could easily fit a crib or bed, if you didn't mind sleeping next to the toilet!!!






King size bed and lovely accommodations in the GA bedroom.


WEll, that's the tour. As you can see, they treat us pretty nice here.

2 comments:

  1. You are starting to get the hang of this! You are basically a professional blogger. I especially enjoy how you underline and change font colors to emphasize certain points. (I am almost immediately regretting putting that last sentence in there)

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, the Ludwig's spoke at our Stake Conference today, as they are in our stake. I can't believe they were in Nauvoo for 4 years!

    ReplyDelete